Tuesday, November 11, 2008

T.I.A.

First off.... I'm sorry there are no pictures yet. There are pictures I just don't have them with me. I mean I have them with me but I can't bring them up on the computer. Its not my computer. I'm at an internet cafe with only a few minutes left (so you'll forgive typos) this keyboard is kinda crazy. There are letters I've never seen but when I push them I get this \';~$%#$-- which are things I've seen. What I mean is I don't have the right wire to plug in the camera. Its cool though b/c I can come back soon w/ the proper gear in hand.
I say all that to say T.I.A. That is how I was welcomed to Uganda. This is Africa (TIA) The reason people say it is because thats just how it is. You can read for yourself in the first paragraph--not everything goes the way it should all the time. TIA. I'm saying it to you for having to read a boring post. Say it to yourself. Honestly, I'm not saying it. I've been here 2 days and I love it. My nose is really stuffy but that is from staying with my sick sister before breathing recycled air for 16 hours. Not to mention jet lag like a mug! All-in-all its great. I'm in Kampala, the capital of Uganda. We may make a trip to Gulu (the "bush") tomorrow. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Til then time's up. TIA.
Peace

2 comments:

KM said...

nice work, jb. glad to hear you all made it there good. get some pitchers up thar so we can STIA (see that is africa).

Unknown said...

Coming from third world heritage and damn proud of it!

all i got to say to you mi hermano..is welcome to the third world.

Expect the toilet to be your best friend soon. I say it with love.

hahaha